Most of us have a combination of skin types. Choose the skin type closest to how your skin behaves the majority of the time and the majority of the surface.
Normal skin is defined by having very few imperfections, barely visible pores, and no severe sensitivity. It is neither excessively dry nor oily. It has a light oil feel which indicates hydration. Normal skin types don’t worry much about breakouts but don’t let that cause you to get passive about your skincare routine.
If you have a normal skin type, choose a category that you lean towards.
Normal to Dry Skin
Normal to Dry Skin can be dry only sometimes to dry all the time. Your skin can crack, peel, become itchy, irritated, inflamed or even rough and scaly.
You may have:
- Dry feeling, even cracking skin
- Almost invisible pores
- Dull and/or rough complexion
- Red patches
- Your skin is less elastic
- More visible lines
Face Hydrator: Seed Facial Serum Original Formula
Normal to Oily Skin
Sensitive skin has a tendency to breakout from internal or external factors, hormone changes, environmental changes, etc.
You may have:
- Blemishes seemingly without cause
- Ingredient allergic reactions
- Foods cause blemishes
- Skin gets stressed with stress/change
- Seasons affect skin
- Hormone changes affect skin
Face Hydrator: Seed Facial Serum Sensitive Formula
Oily skin is defined by an excess of oil production, called sebum. You may begin to feel greasy shortly after washing and worry about shine and blockages.
You may have:
- Enlarged pores
- Blocked Pores/Blemishes
- Oil needs attention throughout the day
- Blackheads & shine
- Oil transfers onto surfaces
- Disappearing Make-up
All Skin Types
CLEANSING YOUR FACE
- Wash in the morning to remove all the junk your skin purged overnight when in repair mode.
- Wash at night to remove makeup and/or the impurities from the day (sweat, sebum, free radicals, etc.).
- Use a gentle cleanser designed for your skin type and use fingertips to work the cleanser without scrubbing.
- Rinse using warm water, as not to shock pores & pat dry with a soft cloth.
- If you are using a daily exfoliator like a loofah, use it very, very gently.
- Hydrate after washing.
HYDRATE CLEAN SKIN
- Use all natural ingredients, also derived naturally (not chemically bleached, etc.). This is food for your skin.
- Be aware, if water is an ingredient in a product, then there are a multitude of chemicals to guard it from bacteria (these are drying and possibly toxic).
- Use a serum and skip the filler ingredients. A serum is a concentrated formula so only active ingredients nourish deep (like our facial serums).
- Our skin produces oils to maintain its cell lifecycle, so using a quality oil effectively communicates with skin.
EXFOLIATE ONCE A WEEK
- Exfoliate gently for your skin type, masks are not one size fits all.
- Exfoliate once a week as a guide. This will allow your skin to have time to regenerate and cycle.
- Don’t leave masks on until fully hardened, 5-7 minutes max avoids over-drying skin, causing a rush in oil production.
- Hydrate immediately after a mask, skin redness is normal as blood rushes to the surface.
- Don’t use a mask the day before an event as it draws out junk and may cause a blemish to surface to be purged.